As the state begins to re-open, questions around policy solutions and how we move forward are critical. TPPF experts are writing, presenting policy solutions, and are available for club meetings or media interviews. Below is a selection of some of our experts and the topics in which they specialize. To arrange an appearance from or interview with any of these experts, contact Sarah Silberstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topic: Texas Recovery Efforts
Topic: Healthcare Industry
Topics: Workplace Recovery Act, State Regulations
Topic: Economy and Recovery
- Vance Ginn, P.h.D., Chief Economist
- Earned his doctorate in economics at Texas Tech University, former Associate Director for Economic Policy of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) at the Executive Office of the President during President Donald Trump’s administration, former lecturer at Texas Tech University and Sam Houston State University.
- Recent publication: Overview of the RESTART Act
Topic: Foster Care
- Andrew C. Brown, J.D., Distinguished Senior Fellow of Child & Family Policy
- An attorney, he has represented children in the child welfare system, advocated for the rights of parents, and helped build families through domestic and international adoption
- Recent commentary in the New York Daily News: Stop the clock for kids in foster care
Topic: Criminal Justice
- Ken Oliver, Senior Director of Engagement & Right on Immigration
- Before joining TPPF Ken served as Special Assistant to the Director of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management and as White House Director of Specialty Media during President George W. Bush’s administration, Special Assistant to former Puerto Rico Governor Luis Fortuño, Assistant Secretary of State and Special Assistant to the Administrator of the Puerto Rico Economic Development Administration.
- recent commentary in The Federalist: Coronavirus Is About To Explode In Mexico. It’s Time to Secure the Border
Topics: Economy, China, Taxes
- The Honorable Chuck DeVore, Vice President of National Initiatives
- Former California assemblyman works on criminal justice reform and frequently writes about the economy and how energy, tax, and regulatory policies influence general prosperity
- Recent opinion piece in Forbes: Election Fraud in America
Topic: Legal Issues
- The Honorable Robert Henneke, General Counsel
- Served as the twice-elected Kerr County Attorney, began his legal career serving as an Assistant Attorney General, has appeared on national news shows, such as Fox News, Fox Business, MSNBC, commentaries published in USA Today, the Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Fox News, etc.
- Recent commentary in Austin American-Statesman: Texans are paying to keep officers subject to discipline
Topic: Federal Issues
Topics: Energy and the Environment
Topic: Local Governments